PTCIJ believes that people, working together, fueled by great leadership, driven by great passion, in an environment where they will thrive, can achieve exceptional feats. To this end, we announce the following vacancies:
- Providing video/audio coverage of the centre’s events, workshops or programs.
- Editing and customizing of said recordings for public or private use.
- Procurement and maintenance of adequate AV equipment.
- Collaborate with peers, program officers and associates to seamlessly execute events.
- Develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones.
- This role will entail a lot of travel, therefore applicants must be willing to travel 50% of their time on the job.
- Plus any other responsibility as may be required.
- 1st degree qualification.
- Above average experience in Photography and Videography with evidence.
- Above average experience in Graphic Design with evidence.
- Above average experience in Audio and Video Editing with evidence.
- AV design and project management experience.
- Ability to speak more than one indigenous or international language is an added advantage.
- Must have knowledge of industry standard AV systems; their installations and operation.
- Significant IT software and hardware experience across multiple platforms and operating systems.
- To meet all health and safety procedures and safe handling of equipment with knowledge of current applicable regulations and compliance of equipment, systems and processes.
- A creative, focused and driven demeanor to effectively achieve targets and results, bringing a sense of urgency to fault finding and perfecting systems.
- Demonstrated time management, project management, leadership and organizational skills.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Plus any other responsibility as may be required.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Experience with databases.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the project.
- As appropriate, code and verify data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures.
- Perform extensive primary and secondary research as required and consolidate this information into actionable plans and reports.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings to develop valuable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Design and create error-free, reports and presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Interpret data, summarize and explain research findings and their implications and prepare such findings for publication.
- Review and abstract published research.
- Organize and store data for future research projects.
- Document all data and research procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, IT, management, administration, economics, or information science.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills.
- At least two years experience in an applied research or data management environment position.
- Able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases.
- Able to perform statistical analysis.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
- Skilled knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Prepare, rewrite, proofread, edit and advance stories or reports to improve readability.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Supervise and coordinate work of writers/reporters.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Arrange for copyright permissions.
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations.
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters.
- Cooperate and liaise with all stakeholders including designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines.
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Analyze and capitalize various attributes and requirements of print and digital media to strengthen editor’s position.
- Design innovative and unique solutions to optimize news or reports.
- Monitor and use multimedia, nonlinear and alternative storytelling strategies to widen readership base.
- Manage and edit contents to cater to readers’ requirement and provide detailed information for same.
- Work within creative environment to respond to various competing priorities.
- Coordinate with internal and external audience to obtain optimum workflow.
- Evaluate all reports for authenticity and check with sources to ensure correctness of published article to avoid conflicts.
- Administer technology backup such as computer graphics, stingers, maps, and editor’s software to make news presentation attractive for readers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Journalism.
- Proven work experience as an editor.
- Excellent writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking.
- Prioritizing and multitasking.
Application deadline is 25th March, 2018.