The Centre for Journalism Innovation and Development, in partnership with The Centre for Investigative Journalism, is pleased to invite journalists, media professionals, researchers, and analysts interested in climate change to apply for a three-day climate change media training. This opportunity is open to applicants from English-speaking West African countries (Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Liberia and Nigeria). After the training, a few selected participants will be offered a fellowship and awarded a small grant to report on the impact of, and solutions to, climate change in their respective countries.
You will be notified by email if you have been selected. If you do not hear from us by the end of July, please regard your application as unsuccessful. To apply, please fill out this form.
Training and mentorship opportunities for selected participants
Access to data and resources
Small grants available at the end of the training
Media appearances on topical climate change issues
Please note the following guidelines:
- Please fill out the form as accurately as possible
- Applicants must have relevant experience in investigative reporting, research, or policy analysis.
- Female journalists/researchers are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Click here to apply.
The deadline for submission is 25th July 2022.